South African Sugar Association Internship 2020
South African Sugar Association Internship 2020
The South African Sugar Association Internship 2020 is opened for all unemployed graduates willing to work in one of the best work environments in South Africa whiles learning a lot. This internship opportunity opens yearly for application by qualified and interested applicants.
About The Employer
The South African Sugar Association (SASA) provides a diverse range of highly specialised services to the South African sugar industry and our activities are funded in the main by the sugarcane growers and sugar milling companies. Our mission is to provide specialist services that enhance the profitability, global competitiveness and sustainability of the South African sugar industry.
About the South African Sugar Association Internship 2020 Position
Are you a young newly admitted attorney with some Commercial Law experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to break through into the corporate environment? Well here’s your chance to join a dynamic team responsible for administrating and facilitating compliance to the Sugar Act, the Sugar Industry Agreement and the SASA Constitution.
SASA’s Industry Affairs Division currently has an excellent contract work experience opportunity for new attorneys who have an interest in Commercial Law. This position is based in Mount Edgecombe. The successful incumbent will not only benefit from dedicated guidance and supervision from two experienced attorneys (SASA’s Legal Advisor and Industry Affairs Executive) but will in addition gain exposure in the following:
- Drafting and reviewing of contracts
- Supporting formulation of legal templates
- Formulating legal recommendations by undertaking research into all relevant aspects including but not limited to, opinions and case law
- Attending to administrative tasks related to SASA’s statutory compliance
- Undertaking company secretarial work for SASA’s wholly owned subsidiaries
- Drafting of policies, procedures and frameworks as required by SASA.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Laws(LLB) degree
- An admitted attorney
- Experience in Commercial Law
Important skills and qualities to succeed in this role are:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to plan and prioritise tasks
- Excellent analysis skills
- An individual who is comfortable working as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrated track record of initiative
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
Term of the programme:
Participants will be offered an initial 3 month contract with an option to extend by a further 9 months provided they perform to the required standards.
What We Offer:
We encourage you to browse our website in order to obtain a full understanding of SASA and our role in the industry. You will have an opportunity to apply your existing skills and expertise in a uniquely challenging environment that integrates multiple technologies and systems to achieve incremental advances to various processes in the Sugar Industry.
Only applications submitted through our online job portal will be considered. To enter the portal, please [URL Removed] select the careers page and select the wording “Click here to apply for any of the positions listed below”. Please feel welcome to provide comprehensive information when making your submission as this will assist our short-listing process. All short-listed candidates will be required to complete a psychometric assessment and consent to credit and criminal checks.
How to Apply For South African Sugar Association Internship
Aspects of SASA’s Recruitment Policy applicable to this Vacancy
SASA recognises the high levels of unemployment in our country as well as the need for employers in South Africa to contribute to transformation through active support of the equity provisions contained in both the Employment Equity Act and the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Act and Codes of Good Practice. Accordingly our first priority is the provision of employment opportunities to South African nationals. Further and in keeping with the requirements imposed by the Department of Home Affairs applications for employment by foreign nationals can only be considered in the event that a comprehensive recruitment process has failed to result in the identification and appointment of a suitable South African candidate.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- ensure efficiency of filing and general administrative systems
- maintain the legal opinions received and categorise them in accordance with sugar legislation
- conduct electronic research using legal tools.
- examine the legislative developments
- report on any pertinent research
- attend to administrative tasks related to SASA’s statutory compliance
- formulate legal recommendations by undertaking research into all relevant aspects including but not limited to, opinions and case law
- support formulation of legal templates
- draft and review contracts
- draft policies, procedures and frameworks as required by SASA
- corporate laws and regulations
- government laws and regulations
- the preparation of legal documents
Opening Date : The South African Sugar Association Normally opens internship application around the month of August
Closing date: Depending on the kind of internship, closing date is normally around November or December and selected interns start work in January
Check closing dates for available internships here
Contact for more information
SOUTH AFRICAN SUGARCANE RESEARCH INSTITUTE
170 Flanders Drive, Mount Edgecombe
Private Bag X02, Mount Edgecombe, 4300
Telephone: (031) 508 7400